HOW WE CAN HELP
Your call to H&M Malaga Smash Repairs will be answered by a trained professional who will take down your details and arrange to collect your vehicle if it is unable to be driven.
The tow truck will collect your vehicle and bring it to us. From here we can help you arrange an insurance assessment and assist you in getting your claim underway.
By incorporating only the best technology available in motor vehicle repair, we will have your car back on the road looking as good as the day you bought it.
The Insurance Act entitles you to have your car repaired to factory measurements and specifications. Call H&M and we’ll arrange everything from start to finish, preserving your car’s safety and resale value.
What to do if you have an accident?
The law says that after a motor vehicle accident where someone is injured or the property has been damaged:
- You must stop and give assistance.
- You must provide your name and address to the other driver/s involved and owners of any property that has been damaged.
- You must report the accident to the police if anyone is injured or if there is damage to property where the owner is not in attendance (eg, if a fence has been knocked down).
- You must not drive away from an accident in an ‘un-roadworthy’ vehicle, that is, if damage to the car means that it’s not safe to be on the road.
At the scene of the accident:
- Stop your vehicle. If you’re blocking traffic, or the location isn’t safe, move your vehicle to a safe place nearby. If you are involved in, or witness, an accident, the law requires you to stop.
- Check all involved parties for injuries. Ensure assistance is provided to anyone that is injured. Call an ambulance or doctor if required.
- Notify the police and let them decide if they should come to the scene. It’s especially important to contact the police if the accident involves injuries, a hit-and-run, or a dispute about liability.
- Obtain full details of vehicles involved - drivers’ names, residential addresses, phone numbers, registration numbers and insurance company details if possible.
- Call us on (08) 9248 5564 and we will arrange everything for you.
More helpful tips:
- Clear the roadway of broken glass and debris if possible. Do everything reasonable to limit and prevent further damage or loss to your vehicle.
- Co-operate with police by giving them accident details and answering their questions. Be sure to get the names and daytime phone numbers of any officers on the scene and the number of the police report.
- Write down names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- If you have a camera with you, take pictures of the accident location, damage to all the vehicles or property involved, and other relevant details of the accident scene.
DETAILS TO NOTE IF YOU ARE IN AN ACCIDENT
Other parties involved in the accident:
Vehicle Year, Make and Model: